"Why compromise the banana flavor???
Banana is definitely suitable for any kind of recipe n dish.... whether u do it authentically from deep fried banana back in hometown, "Pengat Pisang", "Sira Pisang in kelantan", "lepat pisang", "banana cake", "kerepek pisang", "pisang salai", "Gulai Pisang Muda" n many more...
or maybe in a bit western way from banana pancake, banana bread pudding, banana bread, banana cream tart n pie, banana parfaits, banana souffles, banana split.....
or maybe u can blend some banana with coconut milk @ santan, with blue berries, wt strawberries, even with oreo biscuits n u will get absolutely the best drink ever...
At Chinese Garden Restaurant by the Mezhdunarodnaya Hotel in Moscow Trade Center, they make heavenly Caramelized Banana and Apple for their so-called desserts.... Since the restaurant can be a little pricey, and the recipe for them is not in either of their cookbooks or in the net, I went to work creating my own version.
Over the 3 times been at the restaurant, I have revised the caramelized banana they served... once Huns told me to just talk wt the chef and ask kindly for the recipe, since he's also a malaysian and quite close to us... hehe, but i don't dare la... duhhhh.... i am a shy girl n afraid of pple saying NO..
."Using my own imaginative creativity, all i can say is it's not that hard to found just the right mix. U just need to be a lil patient if u'r preparing it alone, n it would be better if u can get a hand from sumone else... ok guys, let's get wokking!!!
Caramelized Fried Banana
You need :
- 2 medium bananas, cut into coins or lengthwise strips, depending on your preference n just nice for a bite
- 2 1/2 tblsp. riceflour
- 2 1/2 tblsp. all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- cold water, for the batter n to dip in the banana later
- 1 cup of sugar
- oil for fry, ( not deep fry)
- mix flour, salt, n add in cold water a lil at a time, whisk until u get a nice homogenous batter
- coat the banana pieces wt the batter n fry them....
- meanwhile, in another skillet, pour sugar n melt them until light to golden colour, under low-medium heat
- coat the fried bananas wt the hot caramel, gently pick them one at a time n dip in cold water for the caramel to harden..
- drip the water, n ready to be served...
____these lovelies leave me smiling for hours______